Please contact your fabricator/studio for registering the 10 year warranty.
PICASSO STONES provides a ten (10) year warranty for all residential owner-occupants of installed technological quartz countertops from the date of purchase by the original owner or installer whichever is earlier.
This quartz warranty covers any manufacturing defects affecting the materials used in the fabrication process, whereby any defective material in the countertop would be repaired. If deemed unrepairable, replacement material may be provided to the chosen fabricator. Picasso stones will not be liable for any additional fabrication costs.
Customers are advised to read and understand the maintenance instructions of our stone as mentioned in the next pages.
What Is Not Covered
- This warranty is applicable only on those quartz slabs which the customer has invoice for.
- This warranty is applicable to material that has been used and maintained following PICASSO STONES Maintenance and Care Instructions guide as given in the corresponding sections.
- The holder of this warranty must at any given time allow Picasso Stones authorized personnel access to the home where the supposed defective product is located for inspection purposes and permit them to take photos if necessary.
- Quartz Surfaces are stone products which will not crack unless an external force or interaction causes the crack such as impacts, uneven cabinets or flooring, structural settling or movements, thermal shock from the use of crock pots, skillets or other hot items placed directly on the Quartz Surfaces, improper installation or other conditions in the home that may cause the Quartz Surfaces to shift. Therefore, cracks are not covered by this warranty
Caution: Do not use crock pots, skillets or other hot items directly on your Quartz Surfaces. Always place them on a trivet or cutting board to protect your Quartz from thermal shock.
- This warranty does not cover any cut-to-measure or installation costs nor does it cover any additional or supplemental repairs or modifications such as, any plumbing, electrical, tile or wall surface modifications that may be necessary to repair or replace the Quartz Surfaces covered under this limited warranty; such other repairs and modifications shall be the responsibility of the customer.
- This warranty does not cover products that have not been paid for in full.
- This warranty does not cover products exposed to abnormal use or conditions or abuse in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling or misuse, damage from excessive heat, scorching or exposure to weather conditions, exposure to ultraviolet light, physical or chemical abuse, acid etching, staining or damage from improper care and maintenance or damage from chipping, cracking, impact damage or breaking due to customer abuse. Quartz Surfaces are stain resistant & not stain proof.
- Quartz Surfaces are intended to have a natural and non-uniform appearance, thus this limited warranty does not cover any variances in colour, shade, particle structure or gloss level.
- This warranty does not cover products that you, the customer, decide you do not like after installation due to colour, edging styles or other opinions based on personal preference.
- This warranty does not cover products that were installed with known or visible manufacturing defects at the time of installation, including but not limited to, differences in color or tone.
- This warranty does not cover seam appearance or performance.
- This warranty does not cover temporary marks on the Quartz products including but not limited to metal marks, fingerprints or smudges or other temporary marks made by household utensils.
- This warranty does not cover “commercial uses” of the Quartz products. “Commercial uses” include but are not limited to use in commercial buildings such as retail stores, restaurants, offices, hotels, or apartment complexes.
- This warranty does not cover outdoor uses.
- Picasso Stones is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, architectural and engineering design, structural settling or movement, acts of vandalism, or accidents.
- Picasso Stones reserves the right to replace defective material with other similar materials in the event that the product protected under this warranty has been discontinued.
- This warranty does not cover defects resulting from inappropriate handling, cutting or improper installation. In such cases installation personnel or independent professionals shall be liable.
- Picasso Stones shall not be liable for transportation costs of replacement material to the purchaser’s home.